The World of Adamia has returned! The last several months have been utterly insane as well as the best of my life. I have cleaned up all the old spam comments I could find and installed a Captcha module to try to prevent another buildup. Here are just a few of my notable life events that have occurred in the last 3 months or so (mostly in the correct order):
- Proposed to my girlfriend.
- Decided to alter my career, and researched tons of jobs all over the country.
- Submitted a resume that worked so well, 2 separate Google divisions contacted me repeatedly about a job.
- Planned a wedding and honeymoon in just a few weeks and purchased wedding bands.
- Secured my dream job developing video games in San Diego (yes, I willingly turned down the final step in the Google process).
- Joined Facebook (ending a very long boycott on Social Networking sites due to Myspace's evils) and got thoroughly connected so I can keep in touch easier from the West Coast.
- Married my amazing wife, courtesy of my pastor father and a great family on both sides who whipped things together with basically no real glitches in record time.
- Went on a week-long honeymoon in the mountains in Tennessee.
- Sold or trashed at least 3/4 of what we owned, including a rather disappointingly unsuccessful yard sale.
- Traded in both of our cars for an SUV and got a car-top carrier. We're very happy with our Ford Escape Hybrid, by the way.
- Got a higher-limit credit card just in case (with really high gas rewards for the trip).
- Mailed half of our remaining stuff to San Diego and crammed the rest into the SUV, and drove from the Cincinnati area to San Diego in 2.5 days. Did I mention we had a cat with us?
- In the process of buying an apartment's worth of decent furniture.
It's been a wild ride, and it's been exciting for the both of us. Look for regular blog posts to start popping up again!